Friday, July 3, 2015

Gifting

Yesterday, following my Pilates session, I took a stroll at a nearby mall and especially enjoyed my time at the newly opened glassybaby boutique.  The store is bright and clean with wonderful service and a vast selection of gorgeous glassybabies.

If you are unfamiliar with glassybaby I encourage you to read more here and here. Each glassybaby and drinker are blown by hand.  When you see them all lined up together you can really appreciate the individuality of each piece. A portion of each sale goes to charity and each glassybaby is made by hand in Washington state.

I treated myself, and being me, fell hard for several from the selection of more expensive pieces which are made using a more involved process. My color is called velvet touch, and I'm obsessed. It is by far one of my favorite colors on the planet, so the splurge was worth it. I'm calling it a birthday month give and am hoping to add a few more colors this year to line the mantel in my living room. A table accented with the drinkers would be just gorgeous too.



The gentle illumination is hard to see in the daylight photos-at night it's very striking and pretty. The weight of a glassybaby is quite substantial and it feels sturdy and well made.

I'm quite certain that I've found the perfect gift to give this year. Well done glassybaby!

Happy 4th!

Jules

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! One of my best friends was a glass blower for many years and we bought a number of glasses over the years and I was alwYs so glad. Plus, they made wonderful wedding presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love glass art. How cool to know a glass blower-I'd go broke :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color! I've been meaning to get to the Glassybaby store. They make the most beautiful things. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim-Going to the store is well worth the drive.

      Delete